During the course of the support, we may ask you to check the logs of Confluence.
You need access to the files of Confluence to perform this operation.
1 - Activate the logs for Play SQL
Whether you use Play SQL Spreadsheets or Requirement Yogi, please add com.playsql to the logs:
- Type "Logging" in the search bar. It leads you to the Confluence administration screen about logging.
- In the textbox in the middle of the screen, type "com.playsql".
- Choose "INFO" for most information, or "DEBUG" for very detailed information, then click "Add"
2 - Trigger the bug
If you want to retrieve the logs related to a specific issue, then you need to trigger the issue after raising the log level.
2 - Open the logs of Confluence
- Find the Confluence home directory. Find the directory where Confluence stores its data, known as "Confluence home directory" or "Confluence data directory". An administrator of Confluence can find it in the administration, in the "System Information" page ; they can also find it in the
- Find the logs/atlassian-confluence.log file.
- Display or copy the logs. Example on Mac OSX or Linux, you can use "tail -f logs/atlassian-confluence.log" to display logs in real time. If you run Windows, you need to download the file and open it with a tool that handles large files. Notepad++ is an excellent tool to my opinion.
We only need the logs during the action that you perform. It could be as short as 200 lines. You don't necessarily need to send us a 200Mb file - It doesn't bother us but it could contain some other information about your company, and the fewer information you publish, the better it is for general privacy.
3 - After retrieving the logs, reset the level
The default level for our logs is WARN. The levels of logs are DEBUG-INFO-WARN-ERROR-FATAL, and when setting the level back to WARN, it only writes WARN/ERROR/FATAL-level information, and avoids cluttering general logs with DEBUG and INFO messages.
- Go to the Logging and Profiling admin screen,
- Click "remove" next to our package name (com.playsql). It only removes the specific setting for this package, and sets the log level back to normal.
Don't forget to send the logs to us.