* We use Atlassian's official library for our storage needs, which name is ActiveObjects. They test thoroughly with all vendors, but we've noticed that we sometimes meet bugs with MS SQL and Oracle. Please report any error to us and we'll improve it.
Out of Memory Errors when a matrix is displayed
Building the coverage, dependency and traceability matrixes may use a lot of resources.
- Before 2.0, we had hard limits for the size of the coverage, dependency and traceability matrixes. We relied on the EXPORT permission of the space to allow users to access those matrixes.
- Since 2.0, See the Global limit for information about size limits.
- As a consequence of the global limit in 2.0, we'll soon remove the EXPORT permission to access those tabs, and we'll allow anyone with VIEW permission to access them. If that causes a problem, please notify us.
If your server meets problems like "OutOfMemoryException", "Java Heap Space" or "SiteMesh" exceptions, it could be related to building the Traceability matrix. One important thing to note is that the Requirement Yogi add-on may not be mentioned in those exceptions. If you are in this situation:
- Don't run the coverage and dependency with empty queries. Use queries that return fewer requirements.
- The dependency matrix and the coverage report can only be built by users who can export the space.
- Therefore, inform a subset of your users about the server limits and the tips to prevent a memory overflow; and restrict the export permissions to this group only.
- As a last resort, don't use the coverage and dependency matrixes. You can always explore Confluence's database schema and run the queries using an SQL tool. Tables related to Requirement Yogi start with "AO_32F7CE_AOREQUIREMENT".
- This is mentioned in Release Notes 2.0.
See Performance if you are interested.