Play SQL was designed for Postgresql. There is no problem if Confluence stores data in MySQL and Oracle, we just require that you provide a Postgres database to Play SQL. Why?
- We would prefer to become expert in Postgres than support all DBMS. Focus and speed of development are important to us, and supporting other vendors would increase the complexity.
- Postgresql has everything we expect from high-scale database systems, including schemas, triggers, stored procedures in Java, Python or PgSQL, transactions on DDL, permissions, array types and json support. And performance.
- Postgresql is free, so why do you pay for a database ?
In case your company doesn't support Postgres, you can get a database online using the free plan of Heroku Postgres.
|Feature||HyperSQL / Postgresql||MySQL / MS SQL / Oracle / any database supporting JDBC|
|Setting up||(1) Note: Requires the installation of the vendor's driver.|
(1) There will be limitations and issues with other vendors than Postgres. Please report issues so we can fix them. Or fix them yourself, the dialects are open-source !
(2) Only bug reports which can be solved in a reasonable amount of time will be considered.