Use Russian characters in property names, values and in the search.
Use Russian or most UTF-8 characters in property names, values and in the search.
This is rather a technical release, to check everything works well with some big underlying change:
- We support UTF-8 in property names and values! (long-awaited feature) We also support numbers, for example "baseline = 1" is now legal.
- We've removed the "Email our support from within the app" feature, for GDPR compliance.
- We've disabled jobs when Confluence was in read-only mode.
Our change: We index properties differently.
- Before: We used to let the user search on the HTML of the properties,
- After: We've split the column between display and search, so what is displayed is the HTML, but what can be searched is the textual content of a value.
Example: If a property contained a status, the HTML would be something like <span class="status-success">OK</span>, so the search query would be ugly: @Property = '<span class="status-success">OK</span>'
|Stored data for display||Stored data for search||Displayed as||Search query||Comments|
|Before||<span class="status-success">OK</span>||(None, it didn't exist)||@Property = '<span class="status-success">OK</span>'||The search was ugly.|
|After||<span class="status-success">OK</span>||"OK"||@Property = 'OK'||Awesome.|
I hope you understand that this is a major improvement, and will be satisfied with the implementation.
- It is not necessary anymore to use quotes around numbers: "baseline = 1" or "page = 2" are valid queries,
- We've introduced "==" for the strict equality.
- We've introduced functions, for the moment only one:
- user("mylogin") returns an object of type User which can only be used when checking mentions in properties, example: @Author = user("mylogin"). Also works with the user's key.